It’s an ideal time for a protection and banishing spell, we are in the last few days of the energy of the luna total eclipse full Moon, that happened on the 26th May in Sagittarius. After a full Moon, we have a waning Moon. This is a time when the Moon she reduces in size, she’s less visible in the sky. It’s also a time where, banishing rituals, and going within ourselves for deep reflection is perfect. If there is a situation, person, place of thing you need to remove yourself from, protect yourself from– the waning Moon is the period to manifest this change.
Waning Moon Spiritual Journal Writing Prompt
Sagittarius is the energy that we’re working with now. This zodiac sign is all about ‘authentic self’, ‘ higher learning’, ‘the higher-self’, ‘adventure,’ and ‘freedom.’ The waning Moon is always about the darkness, going within, removal, and sending things away, let’s stick with this energy for a moment and consider under this waning Moon.
- Where in my life do I need to remove situations, people, places, or things that no longer serve me?
- What do I need to release right now?
- What really would feel ‘authentic’ to me right now, and more inline with who I am in my life?
- Do I need to free myself from something?
- Do I need protection from anything that’s ‘toxic’ or has been causing me stress of late?
Pull out your journal and reflect on these points, using the Sagittarius energy and the energy of the waning Moon. The waning Moon will officially start from this week. The most potent time starting from the 1st of June and last up until around the 7th of June. It’s a time to go within and a great time for banishing what no longer serves us, and protection.
Simple Protection Spell
- A white or black candle both good for protection.
- A pinch of sea salt or table salt. ( Salt is a natural protective energy, it rids things, banishes/protects)
- A pinch of basil. ( Basil is a highly respected herb for protection, and sending away negative energy.)
- A lemon.( Excellent at purification, cleansing, and protecting).
- Sage or dragon’s blood incense ( or any incense but sage and dragon’s blood are good for banishing, removal, and cleaning.)
- A white piece of paper, or part of a brown paper bag to write on.
- A black pen.
- A pin or nail.
- A candle holder or plate to sit your candle on.
- Heatproof dish.
- On your paper with a black pen, write down exactly what it is you wish to release, remove, let go of, or protect yourself from. Write in the present tense as if it is happening, or in the past tense as if it has happened. For example ‘ x has been sent away and no longer bothers me’, ‘ I am protected from the negative energy and gossip of x,y,z’, ‘ I have released my ex and their drama.’
- Write your intention on your candle also, carve it onto the candle using a pin, nail, or sharp object in the correct tense.
- On a flat surface, add your basil and salt, mix them together with your fingers. Light your incense and pass it over the herbs. As you do state out loud your intention that you have written on your paper and candle.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over your carved up candle, don’t get the wick wet, but focus on where you have carved the candle with your intention. Then roll your candle in your herbs, on the flat surface so that the herbs stick to the candle and cover everything you have written on your candle.
- Light your candle, sit it in the holder, or on the plate. If it will not stand up on your plate then melt the bottom of the candle let the wax drip onto the plate and then sick the candle down steadily onto the plate. Read your petition on your piece of paper into the candle’s flame with intent! Mean what you say! Send away whatever you need with force.
- Light your petition paper with the candle’s flame and allow it to burn out to ashes in a heatproof dish or ashtray. Leave the ashes outside or on a window ledge to blow away in the wind.
- BOOM! IT’S GONE, you are free. Now sit with your candle for as long as you need and visualise the release that has just happened, and your intention you carved on the candle.
- Allow the candle to burn down over this week’s waning Moon and each time you light it, spend time visualising into the candle’s flame the release, and everything you wrote on your candle and petition paper. Once the candle has burned out and finished place the wax from it in a plastic bag, and throw it out in a bin that is not in your house. The trash outside is a great place, send that shit away!
Happy waning Moon!
Do you like spiritual journalling? Have you tried it?
Check out the 30 Day Spiritual Journal if you’d love to deep dive into areas of life, and make the most of your direction and find our purpose. Check out Amazon here: https://bit.ly/The30DaySpiritualJournal
The 30 Day Spiritual Journal provides you with a deeply reflective personal experience. That will align you with your authentic self for your highest good. You’ll gain clarity on your direction and heal. This book is for everyone, no matter your spiritual or religious belief, the reflection points make no reference to religion. The Journal has varied and deeply reflective everyday questions to ask yourself, for thirty days. Which will encourage you to dig deep on a soul level, this will also help balance your chakras.
The journal reflections cover the present, past, and future. To encourage you to reflect on life and your experiences, which includes mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial reflection. Each one will then help you to move forward with success. There are thirty extra inspirational journal reflection questions as a bonus, and a dedicated space in the paperback to record your entries for each reflection.